Thursday, May 11, 2006

Day twelve

Today we (meaning John and I) rebuilt the halfwall at the top of the stairs.

I had built a halfwall after taking down the spindle railing but it wasn't as steady as it could be.

John was nice enough to come over, again, to help me with this project.

We dismantled the wall I built and used the pieces from it to rebuild the new wall.

We started around 10am and by 130pm we had a new drywall covered halfwall.

Now I need to spackle the screws and the seams, prime it and paint.

When that is done John is going to come back and finish the top with a piece of wood that we can paint to match the boys room.

It will be more durable on the top than drywall but I need to get the other stuff done first.

After we finished that I did some laundry and made dinner before heading off to a children's ministry meeting.

I've been tasked with making 100 ID cards for Sunday for our check-in/check-out procedure.

Everyone is in bed and I'm going to eat dinner.

I was going to paint another bathroom tomorrow but I think that I will be laminating instead!

1 comment:

Diane said...

You (and John) do good work!! All of the projects will be done before we get there!!! How's the grass on the new side doing?
Love MOM