Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ultrasound

I went in for my ultrasound yesterday. My appt was at 7:50 am and I had to drink 34 ounces of water in the two hours prior to the appt so I had to get up early. I also had to get all the kids ready for school and Makkiah his meds before I left.

We headed out and Taniyah stayed at the Children's Waiting Room and played. She really enjoyed it and didn't want to leave when I came to pick her up.

Now on to the ultrasound. We are not going to find out what we are having so we don't know what the gender is. It will be a suprise until the end.

I got some pictures of the baby. One of the "darth vader" face. One of the measurements in the head was on the high limit of normal so I am being referred to the Fetal Assessment Unit. I will see the Genetics counselor, the Perinatologist and have a more detailed ultrasound done.


And one of the spine.



And one of the leg and foot. There is some concern about the baby having club feet. They will be looked at again when I go to my FAU appt. In the picture you can see the kneecap on the left. The leg comes down and you can see the top of the foot with the little toes. You can see how the foot seems to be straight down from the leg and bent in.

1 comment:

Diane said...

It is so amazing what science can do these days!! I am constantly suprised!! But sometimes it just gives you something else to worry about - before there is really anything to worry about - and nothing you can do about what you are worrying about because you don't know for sure that there is anything to worry about. I miss talking to you.