Sunday, May 14, 2006

Day fifteen

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there.

Today was probably by far the roughest day I've had.

It was emotionally draining to me.

I had to keep myself busy - grocery shopping, doing dishes, making dinner, doing laundry.

Otherwise my mind wandered.

Today I really missed Rod and felt really lonely.

I called my Mom to wish her a Happy Mother's Day and that made me feel a little better.

I guess it's just been "one of those days" where the weight of it all is being felt.

I'm sure that tomorrow will be better,

sunnier skies,

bluer horizons.

I guess I kind of got the feeling of what it is like to be a single mother on Mother's day.

Whether you are a single mother through divorce, death or temporary seperation - it's tough to be alone on Mother's Day.

And I wasn't even really alone, in the sense that no one was here, because I had eight of my children home all day.

I guess it's hard to describe what I mean.

Anyway, I hope that all you mothers out there had a wonderful day today.

2 comments:

Diane said...

I understand completely. Even the alone when you are surrounded by people. Always remember, I love you and would be there for you if I could. And it really won't be that long before Rod gets back. Think positive. Love MOM

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU TOO STE, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY. WILLIAM IS HERE AND I STILL FEEL ALONE BECAUSE HE IS DEALING WITH STUFF AND I FEEL LIKE I AM JUST HERE. WELL LOVE AND HUGS
MARSHA