Saturday, August 27, 2005

Camera woes!

Why is it that between cats and kids nothing can stay decent? If it's not one of them then it' s the other of them that makes it that way.

My Mom gave me this Sony camera that takes digital pics on a memeroy stick or on a floppy disk. The disk drive was going out but it could still be used with the memory stick. Well it was sitting on the computer desk and the cats knocked it off along with the phone and half of the other stuff that was on it. I don't know how they managed it but it fell and landed just so that the screen broke. So you can still take pictures onto the memory stick but you can't see what you are taking unless you take out the memory stick and put it into the computer. Makes it a little difficult to take decent pictures.

I decided that since I now have everything for this camera that I would buy a new one off e-bay. That way all I need is the camera and hopefully one in which the disk drive works. So I bid on a camera and won. Description says that it's on perfect working order with only a few minor scratches. GREAT!! I paid for 4 day shipping. Well 4 days passed, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9. Ok this isn't looking good. After 16 days the camera FINALLY shows up. I take it out of the box and realize that I made a mistake. I bid on an MVC 90 instead of a 92. The camera came with a memory stick adapter which is a floppy disk that memory stick goes into. I did read this but guess I didn't quite understand the description since I was thinking of the 92. Anyway all is not lost - right? WRONG!!

When I put the disk in it doesn't work, so I try another, and another, and another. You get the idea. The drive is bad on this camera also. Difference is that you have to have the drive to use the memory stick on this one. Needless to say I was NOT happy. I'm sending it back and I better get my money back.

So I went to Sears and bought a Sony cybershot. I really like this camera and it takes great pictures. I can also use my memory sticks. It takes excellent pics and is very easy to use.

No comments: