Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day



Today is my brother Jeremy's 37th birthday! Happy Birthday Big Brother! I know you are watching us and close to us. We love you and miss you dearly!

Today was also the day that we took Raquel to her new "home". She'll be staying here in San Diego to be close to family. It was sad to take her and leave her as she's just like one of my own. My Mommy heart didnt' want to do it but it was a decision that she made and her worker backed up. Doesn't change the fact that I will always be there for her just like I am for all of my kids but I will miss her.

And today is also Memorial Day. A day to remember all those who served our country in order for us to have the freedoms that we sometimes take for granted. There are many costs to those freedoms and to those who have served our country in the Armed Services - Navy, Marine Corp, Air Force, Army and Coast Guard I say thank you!

We want our children to understand the true meaning behind the day. We don't want them to think that it's just another day off of school so we took them out to Rosecrans National Cemetery. We want them to understand the sacrifice for their freedom and hopefully they will never take it for granted. It was amazing to see all of those flags out there and it makes you stop and think about all those who have served. Breathtaking. And it was awesome to see lots of people out there doing the same. So with that here are some photos from our day!

















1 comment:

Diane said...

You are such an AWESOME Mommy. I wish parents all over the US would show their children how precious their freedoms are and what the costs were. I wish Raquel all the best in her new home, as I'm sure we all do.