Friday, June 13, 2008

Remember Me Pillows

My kids all love their Daddy and miss him a lot so I thought I would try to come up with a way for him to be close to them. He has sent them several dvd's where he talks to them and they LOVE it.

One day I was making pillows for Ladaria and Raquel's room while the kids were watching a dvd and I was thinking of a way to put Rod's picture on a pillow for them. I did some research and found some fabric sheets that you can print on. I knew that there were iron ons as my Mom has used them several times to make shirts for Rod and I but I was pleased to find fabric.

I thought some more and decided that something that was small enough to carry around with them would be great. If it's small enough to carry then they can take him anywhere without really being in the way.

I told a friend about my idea and she suggested a ribbon on it so that it could be easily carried around. That made me think of the "bite toys" they used when we were teaching our dogs personal protection. They were long, skinny stuffed canvas with a canvas handle that you held while the dog bit. I used the same idea but with Rod's picture printed on the fabric, a colorful background and a loop of ribbon at the bottom.

This is what I came up with:

Remember Me!

Taniyah hugging her Daddy for the first time in two months
I love it!

I think she loves him
Thank you for my pillow

I asked her if I could see it for a minute after I gave it to her. Her response:
No you can't have him back!

1 comment:

Diane said...

I'm sure that "Rod" is enjoying his travels - and I'm sure Rod would rather be there - our Nation is lucky to have Men and Women with the dedication to serve for our Freedoms!